Are you thinking about orthodontic treatment to straighten your teeth or to correct your jaw alignment? Make your first step a consultation with Dr. Norma Chou. During the orthodontic consultation, Dr. Chou will address your questions and concerns, and will talk about a treatment plan that will best suit your situation.
We want you to feel prepared and in charge of your orthodontic treatment decisions, so keep these questions in mind when you come in for your appointment:
• If I do need some adjustments to my teeth, what options will I have besides braces?
(This will help you determine what approaches we use to straighten your teeth.)
• What kind of preparation is needed to get braces? How many visits will it take?
(It is important to know how many appointments may be needed and what you will need to do between appointments to be ready for braces.)
• Can I expect any pain when getting braces?
(Ask about the ways we address pain management.)
• What determines how long I have to wear braces?
(The length of treatment will vary from patient to patient. During your consultation we can evaluate your teeth and jaw alignment to determine the correct course and length of treatment.)
• How will braces affect my lifestyle? What foods can I eat? What activities can I do?
(You may find that little needs to change in your daily routine to have a successful orthodontic outcome. We can discuss and address any changes so that you can be prepared before you get your braces.)
• Who will be involved in the orthodontic work? Whom can I expect to see during my adjustment visits?
• What will my orthodontic work cost?
(Make sure that you understand what your insurance covers, how you contact the insurance company for pre-authorization, how you file the insurance forms, and what flexibility there is to pay for your treatment.)
Your initial orthodontic consultation is just the first step towards that perfect smile that awaits you. Going in with the right questions will help you to understand the entire process and will prepare you to do your part for your orthodontic experience. Be sure to bring a list of your questions! To schedule a consultation with Dr. Chou please call 416-532-3041 or visit her office in Toronto.